The following information is being sent to you on behalf of Laura King, Vice Chancellor and CFO.
Procedure 22.214.171.124.2 Cellular and Other Mobile Computing Devices has been under review for several months. The version now posted on the Finance and Facilities Policy and Procedure SharePoint site is available for comment for the next four weeks, closing on February 3, 2016 at the close of business.
The version you are reviewing contains the following changes:
- Part 2. Definitions: Modernizes the definitions section to reflect current devices
- Part 3. Eligibility…Plans: Adding faculty issued mobile computing devices as a criteria for system issuance of devices
- Part 4. Subpart A. Authorization: Establishes authorization, approval and administrative criteria for issuance of system owned device.
- Part 4. Subpart B. Employee Annual Review: Excludes faculty issued mobile computing devices from the annual review process
- Part 6. System Owned…Devices: Expands and clarifies the De Minimis standard for personal use of system resources.
- Part 7. Employee owned….Devices: Provides acknowledgement of employee responsibilities where using personal device for system business.
Please use the SharePoint site to submit comments. If you are unable to access the site or have problems submitting comments in that manner, click here for a PDF version, or contact Michael Nordby who will route your comments to the appropriate party.
Laura M. King
Vice Chancellor – CFO
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities