Academic Continuity Plans
To support those on your campus who are working to develop alternate delivery modes using academic technologies available at no additional cost through Minnesota State (D2L Brightspace, Kaltura MediaSpace, Zoom, Office 365), we want to share some system office resources we are making available to you and your campuses.
- This event has passed.
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) – Start 2 Weeks
September 17, 2019Free
QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning.
In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
What Participants Need
Approximately 7-8 hours per week