The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
Learn more on the NED Resource Site.
- This event has passed.
Improving the Student-to-Content Interaction using D2L Brightspace Tools (3 week start date)
March 30, 2020Free
- The Quality Improvement Process site provides examples of ways to support student-to-content interaction in courses.
- Fixing courseware glitches, such as broken links, typos, and mistakes, as needed.
- Monitoring learning outcomes based on student interaction with content.
- Improving content as needed to facilitate learner outcomes.
By the end of this three week course you will be able to using D2L Brightspace tools to manage your D2L course efficiently and effectively. You will be provided with key workflows that you need to use the Content tool, HTML editor, and Release Conditions to streamline the process, and strategies for organizing your course materials.
Course Learning Objectives
- Differentiate between D2L Brightspace tools (e.g. Content, HTML Editor, and Release Conditions) to apply improved course design for student learning.
- Apply D2L Brightspace tools to design a personalize path for students to take within your course.
- Select and implement one of the D2L Brightspace tools in your course.
Suggested Background Knowledge
Participants should have access to their own D2L Brightspace course (sandbox or development are acceptable) to practice using the available communication tools.
Faculty (Full-time and part-time), Instructional Designers and Technologists, and Faculty Developers/Trainers.
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 2-3 hours per week.
Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs one week prior to the start of this course.
Accessing the Course Site: Using the RSVP below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.
Check Your Junk Mail: After submitting your RSVP, an email confirmation is sent to the email address you provided. Please check your junk/spam folder if this confirmation was not delivered to your inbox.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provided to send you reminder emails as the event date gets closer, but we suggest you add this event to your calendar.
Data Use: Your contact information is not shared with any third-parties, but we plan to use your contact information to send you information about upcoming events on this Events Calendar for which you may be interested.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite.
Have questions about this course?
Please contact email@example.com