The 2014 CTE Works! Summit is an annual conference co-sponsored by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) and the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE). MnSCU and MDE partner closely under the auspices of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 to improve career technical education and create opportunities for all Minnesota learners to enter high skill, high wage, or high demand employment.
Deadline to submit a presentation proposal is September 19, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Proposals should showcase effective and innovative teaching and learning strategies in career and technical education, support secondary and post-secondary collaboration, and meet a wide variety of education and workforce audiences.
The criteria for successful proposals
- Proposals should fit into one of the following conference strands: College & Career Readiness | Data Informed Improvement | Partnerships & Policy | Teaching & Learning Strategies | Workforce Development
- Demonstrate innovative uses of technology
- Originality and creativity
- Relevance to conference theme and current issues impacting career technical education
- Demonstrate a variety of methods to engage audience
See full details and submit a proposal online now at http://www.cteworksminnesota.org/schedule/submit-proposal/.
Visit the conference website at http://www.cteworksminnesota.org
Denise Felder, Director of Professional Development and Conference Chair
Phone: (651) 201-1789