Please join us for a webinar presentation this Thursday, July 19, at 9:00 am on
“Pathways from Workforce Training to College Programs.”
Hear from leaders of community-based organizations (CBOs) providing workforce training to students facing barriers to college and employment. Learn how CBOs work within communities to develop expertise on the needs, fears, experiences and strengths of people in neighborhoods they serve. These leaders will share their experience creating pathways for their students into college, using articulation agreements, credit for prior learning and other strategies, and the challenges of executing these pathways for organizations and students.
Additional topics include:
• What is the role of CBO’s
• Who are the students participating in workforce training
• Summary of current and best practices for effective pathways and partnerships
• Challenges faced by students in enrollment and academic success
• Challenges to collaboration and partnership
• Discussion- strategies to simplify, expand and sustain pathways partnerships
Presenters: Jess Niebuhr, 4S Consulting LLC; May Xiong, Project for Pride in Living; Cassandra Avery, Goodwill Easter Seals
Webinar link can be found here.
If you will be participating via audio only, then use the information below to listen to the audio portion of the meeting.
Toll access number (Toll): 1-917-893-3220
Participant pin code: 74585455
For more information please contact Mary Rothchild, Senior System Director, Workforce Development.