The Minnesota State system office invites campuses within the system to submit an interest application as the first step to participate in the second Minnesota State zero textbook cost degree (Z-degree) funding opportunity.
This is an opportunity to keep the momentum generated from the State of Minnesota’s 91st Legislature, which passed Senate File 2415 in the Spring 2019 session. This bill required Minnesota State to generate three additional college Z-degree offerings by the academic year 2020-2021 (SF2415).
This year, applicants can apply for one of three grant opportunities:
• faculty development
• open textbook exploration and review
• building open textbook capacity in the transfer curriculum
• finalize course development for Z-degree with at least two distinct courses in each transfer curriculum goal area and at least enough credits in each transfer curriculum goal area to complete the transfer curriculum package
• create a Z-degree and offer it for fall of FY23
• add additional courses or course sections
• increase the number of faculty using zero textbook cost materials in a course already part of an existing Z-degree
The system office will select participating campuses from the pool of applicants based upon responses provided in the following readiness categories:
- Readiness of campus personnel
- Structural readiness
- Cultural readiness
- Current open / zero-cost textbook inventory
- Proposed Z-degree and course sequence
Download an Application
Minnesota State faculty and staff can find the application on the OER Community Site (log in using your StarID@MinnState.edu).
Z-Degree Information Session
September 30, 2020 @ 3:00 – 4:00 pm
If you missed the session, find the recording on the Z-Degree Project page (log in using your StarID@MinnState.edu)
Submit Your Application
For questions related to the completion of this application, email Stephen Kelly, Open Education and Innovation Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Learn more about Z-degrees and OER at Minnesota State at www.MinnState.edu/OER.