Ask C-PLAN – Equity and CPL on your Campus
March 24, 2021 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Recognition of prior learning is proven to save students time and money, increase retention, and boost degree completion. Yet, persisting studies show that credit for prior learning attainment is lowest among adult students who are: Black or American/Alaska Native, female-identifying, and Pell Grant recipients. This month’s session will focus on strategies in increasing credit for prior learning opportunities for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and other underserved students.
During this webinar, the C-PLAN team and campus colleagues will share research and resources regarding how campuses can enhance CPL (credit for prior learning) access to underserved prospective and current students.
Topics for an interactive discussion include how to:
- recruit BIPOC and other underserved students into CPL programs, and
- support and expand student-centered CPL policies and programs that result in enhanced access and student success.
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Gain understanding of how CPL can be used as a tool to reach Minnesota State Equity 2030 goals.
- Learn how to enhance CPL access and student success for underserved students at your campus.
- Share and learn about best practices in supporting and expanding CPL student-centered policies and programs.
- Be able to apply webinar tools and strategies to evaluate and expand CPL access on your campus.
Webinar participants will have the opportunity to share their questions and examples.
The Credit for Prior Learning Assessment Network (C-PLAN) offers bi-monthly webinars on all the things campuses want to know about implementing and sustaining good CPL practice. The Ask C-PLAN Webinars benefit advisors, transfer specialists, student services staff, program directors, faculty, administrators, and others involved in CPL policy and practice on their campuses by encouraging cross-functional and cross-campus discussion.
We are a Minnesota State collaborative serving 30 colleges and 7 universities in implementing and sustaining credit for prior learning policy and practice.
For more information on C-PLAN visit minnstate.edu/cplan.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request accommodations.