February 12 – April 28, 2024
Apply for the Spring 2024 cohort by January 12
Collaborate with other Minnesota State faculty from across the system who are committed to saving students on the cost of textbooks and course resources by using open educational resources (OER).
There are 5 Project Types in the OER Learning Circle cohort:
- Redesign a course around OER.
- Create ancillary materials to complement an existing OER.
- Author a primary course resource.
- New – OER Course Update – update an OER course that was previously redesigned in an OER Learning Circle cohort (at least 4 years ago).
- New – OER Legacy Project – instructors thinking of retiring soon can use this as a chance to preserve wisdom and share their expertise for future faculty and students.
In addition to virtual weekly meetings, OER Learning Circles will utilize a D2L Brightspace course to support faculty and will take place over an eleven-week period.
Participants receive compensation in the form of release credit equivalency (RCE) of $1750* in combined salary and fringe.
*Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty receive compensation in 2.5 duty days.
New: Invite a high school Concurrent Enrollment instructor partner
Minnesota State faculty who collaborate with high school instructors in one of our Concurrent Enrollment (CE) programs can invite their CE partner to participate with them on their OER Learning Circle project.
Minnesota State OER Faculty Development Coordinator