The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Accessing Higher Ground Virtual Conference
November 20, 2019 - November 22, 2019Free
Accessing Higher Ground (AHG) is a nationally recognized
premiere conference on accessibility in higher education.
November 20 – 22, 2019
Institutions around Minnesota State will be virtual host sites for faculty and staff to attend in-person at no cost. You are welcome to attend one, many, or all of the offered sessions. Select which days and institution you would like to attend in the RSVP below.
Attendees must visit the host site in-person at a host site. Individual virtual attendance outside of a host site is not part of the conference offerings.
The conference will be streamed from Denver, CO which is located in the Mountain Time zone. All times on the agenda linked below have been converted to Central Time. The Thursday evening keynote presentation listed on the AHG web site will not be available to Minnesota State participants. Additionally, the last session on Wednesday and Thursday may not be available as it runs into the evening for us. Please check with your site host.
If you do visit the AHG Virtual Agenda on their website, please note it is not the same as the agenda for Minnesota State. We have added sessions during the live conference extended breaks on Thursday and Friday. However, do use the session links to view the more detailed descriptions for the sessions.
To Register, RSVP Below!
Closes at midnight on November 18, 2019
After registering, you will receive an email confirmation. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder. Remember to add this event to your calendar.
Detailed information about host site rooms, session information, and parking information will be emailed to you prior to the event.
This is a part of the Digital Accessibility Awareness and Skill Development Series.
View other events in the series.
Questions? Contact Lesley Blicker
Your hosts will contact you approximately one week before the conference with all details for attending. However for your convenience, here is the contact for each site:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College: Rita Resendiz-Abfalter, email@example.com
- Central Lakes College: Scott Streed, firstname.lastname@example.org and Andrea Carlson, email@example.com
- Century College: Sarah Dampier, Sarah.Dampier@century.edu
- Lake Superior College: Steven Fudally, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metropolitan State University: Julie Maxon, Julie.Maxson@metrostate.edu
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead campus: Jaime Jensen,
- Minnesota State University, Mankato in conjunction with South Central College in Mankato: Julie Snow, email@example.com and Kimberly Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northland Community and Technical College: Dorinda Sorvig, email@example.com and Peggy Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Riverland Community College: Mark Baas, email@example.com
- Winona State University: Kara James, firstname.lastname@example.org