Employer Engagement Summit
March 5, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Anoka Technical College
1355 U.S. 10, Anoka, MN 55303
This event is offered to you at no charge by MnSCU and MDE Career Technical Education.
The content is developed under the Carl D. Perkins Career Technical Education grant from the US Department of Education.
However, the content does not necessarily represent the policy of the Us Department of Education.
Guest Presenters at the Summit are:
- Hans Meeder, Executive Director of the National Center for College and Career Transitions NC3T and
- Brett Pawlowski, Executive Vice President of NC3T
Hans and Brett were featured presenters at the Association for Career Technical Education Vision Conference in Nashville in November 2014 and presented at the fall 2014 meeting of the National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium in Maryland. For more information about NC3T visit the website at http://nc3t.com/
If you are interested in building effective relationships with your industry partners – relationships that produce real benefits for students, staff, and partners – you’ll want to attend the Employer Engagement Summit where we will explore the following topics:
Essentials of Partnerships– Foundational information on partnerships, including what are partnerships; how students, staff, and businesses benefit; and how to identify the assets needed to fuel partnerships
- How to Work with Partners– An introduction to the nine different models you can consider when building relationships with your partners
- How to Recruit Partners – How to find the partners you need, how to connect with them, and how to engage them in your program
- Measuring Partnership Outcomes – Design an effective measurement/evaluation model to track outcomes for your partnerships
- Sustainability: Engaging Partners for the Long Haul – Your best partners are those who come back year after year; find out how to boost long-term involvement
Who Should Attend? Perkins Consortium Coordinators, MnSCU Centers of Excellence Leaders and partners, MnSCU CAO’s/Deans, Secondary Superintendents/Principals, Secondary CTE Directors, Secondary/Postsecondary CTE teachers and faculty, employers and CTE Advisory Board members.
All attendees at the Summit will receive a complimentary copy of the Employer Engagement Toolkit, a new hands-on workbook co-authored by Summit presenter, Brett Pawlowski, Executive Vice President of NC3T and Charlie Katz, President of Charlie Katz Consulting and former Director of Corporate Engagement with the National Academy Foundation.
The March 5 Employer Engagement Summit will be the first in a series of sustained professional development events to include three follow-up webinars that will allow us to further explore selected employer engagement topics. Dates and times of the webinars will be announced on March 5.
For more information about the Employer Engagement Summit visit the CTE website at www.cte.mnscu.edu/professionaldevelopment.
I hope to see you on March 5 at the Employer Engagement Summit.
Debra Wilcox Hsu, Ed. D.
Associate Director for Career Technical Education
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities