Minnesota institutions are now able to apply and participate in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) for distance education. For more background information visit http://nc-sara.org/about.
Interested schools may contact the Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) for additional information and assistance with their institutional application (Jenny Parks 612-287-5131 or Emily Jacobson 612-677-2771). MHEC has also recorded a webinar that can help guide you through the process. WEBINAR: How to Apply to become an Approved SARA Institution – webcast – Q & A
SARA Application Steps
- Institution applies to state portal agency to participate in SARA.
- The Minnesota state portal agency (SPA) is the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. If your institution is interested in applying for participation in SARA, you should contact George Roedler at 651-259-3975 or email@example.com for additional information.
- Download the Application form for school participation from MHEC. (http://www.nc-sara.org/files/docs/SARA-Institutional-Application.pdf.pdf.pdf) This is the form to be sent to George Roedler at the MN Office of Higher Education.
- The State Portal Agency (MN Office of Higher Education) reviews the application and when approved, notifies the NC-SARA (National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements)
- Once the institution application has been approved by the MN Office of Higher Education, NC-SARA, and the regional compact, the institution will be notified of the approval. The MN Office of Higher Education will send the institution a link to the NC-SARA paymentform to finalize participation in SARA. Item 12 on the application details annual SARA institutional fees; these are based on most recent reportedIPEDS numbers:
- $2,000/year for institutions with fewer than 2,500 FTE students
- $4,000/year for institutions between 2,500-9,999 FTE students
- $6,000/year for institutions with 10,000 or more FTE students
- NC-SARA confirms payment, sends welcome materials to the institutions and lists institution on NC-SARA website.
- Institution must renew annually to maintain participation status.
To view a list of states (currently 19) that belong to the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement, visit http://nc-sara.org/content/sara-state-status
Contact: Todd R. Digby, System Director of Academic Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply