Minnesota State has identified a need to increase faculty cultural competence and use of culturally responsive and inclusive teaching strategies in order to advance equity and close the persistent opportunity gap for students.
For 2018-19, Minnesota State will offer opportunities for faculty to participate in an Institute for Culturally Responsive Pedagogy (ICRP) designed by colleagues at Century College. Funding for the reasonable equivalent of .5 credit is available to college and university faculty interested in being part of a dynamic cohort of colleagues committed to the following:
• Increasing understanding of intercultural interactions and exposure to practical classroom applications to enhance student retention and engagement
• Modifying curriculum and instruction to an existing course
• Documenting personal journeys in culturally responsive pedagogy, sharing lessons learned with colleagues at both formal and informal gatherings
• Growing as leaders in advancing culturally responsive pedagogy and equitable practices
• Contributing to campus transformation at all levels
This is open to faculty across the Minnesota State system campuses. ICRP includes one virtual meeting and four face-to-face meetings located at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.
Applications and meeting dates are now available on the ICRP page on the Faculty Development ASA Connect. | Due April 8, 2019.
(To log in: YourStarID @minnstate.edu + your StarID password)