Minnesota State recognized at National Conference with exceptional statewide coordination for Positive Student Outcomes Award.
This year at the CollegeSource Annual Conference, Best Practices awards called “The Sourcies” were awarded. The intention is to recognize schools and organizations in the user community that are doing remarkable things with CollegeSource products in the areas of Transfer and Degree Achievement.
This year, they selected Ivy Tech Community College recognized for their Advanced Reverse Transfer Degree Granting Initiative, and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities recognized for Exceptional Statewide Coordination for Positive Student Outcomes.
The awards were given out during the Opening Session on Tuesday morning, June 18, 2019. Marla Sykes, Director for Degree Audit/Support accepted the award, along with the following from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities:
- Amber Eisen Sanchez, Associate Registrar – Metropolitan State University
- Michele Copeland, Registrar – Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Angie Permann, Academic Program and Information Analyst – Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Sarah Jegela, Associate Registrar – Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Lois Carkhuff, Associate Registrar for Transfer – St Cloud Technical and Community College
- Rick Pospichal, Assistant Registrar – Winona State University
- Linda Ellison, Senior Software Engineer – system office
- Guilette Douvier, Business Systems Specialist – system office
- Cassandra Levesque, Degree Audit Support Analyst – system office
- Jessica Migler, Assistant Director for Transfer – system office
Marla’s acceptance comments during the Opening Session include:
“The technologies that CollegeSource provides play a vital role in the educational needs of Minnesota and are part of the technology tools that are critical to the success of our students and state.
Your products allow us to help students plan their educational path and help staff create a better transfer experience for our students. Our next phase will help support our goals for more advanced data analytics to support our campus strategies and our commitment to education that empowers people to build better lives and more sustainable communities. We all appreciate you and your work with our “system-ness.” So on behalf of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, we’d like to thank you for the honor of being recognized for Exceptional Statewide Coordination for Positive Student Outcomes, and look forward to our continuing work together.”
For more information on the award please contact Marla Sykes.