Zoom is a communications software that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration. As of July 1, 2019, Minnesota State faculty, staff, and students can access Zoom by visiting https://minnstate.zoom.us and logging in with their Star ID.
Minnesota State will be providing a guided tour of Zoom, join one of the upcoming information sessions below at https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/6181652382, no registration required:
• Tuesday, July 2, 2:00 – 3:00 pm
• Thursday, July 11, 3:00 – 4:00 pm
• Tuesday, July 16, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
• Friday, July 19, 10:00 – 11:00 am
Zoom’s features include:
• Meeting room platforms that have a 300 person capacity, or a webinar platform that has a 500 person capacity.
• The ability to use a different URL for each meeting you host, or use your personal meeting ID as a persistent meeting location.
• Polling, breakout rooms, screen sharing, and whiteboard capabilities.
• Share your computer’s audio with participants (comes in handy when screen sharing a video).
• Calendar integration is available by adding the Zoom plugin to your Outlook account, making sending an Outlook meeting invite with Zoom a simple task.
• All major mobile platforms are supported, including iOS and Androids.
• Video options, including Room Systems/ITV Integration (Use the high quality cameras in conference rooms and classrooms by inviting a room system via calling the SIP or H.323 number).
• Audio options that include dial-in, microphone, or Zoom can call your preferred telephone.
• The ability to record meetings to Zoom’s cloud service or directly to your computer. Recordings stored on Zoom’s cloud service will stick around for 365 days before they are deleted automatically. If you need your recording to stay longer, move your recording to the Minnesota State media service, Kaltura MediaSpace.
• Students can also record meetings to Zoom’s cloud service, but they are only available for 180 days.
Adobe Connect will remain available until May 15, 2020. Take the next year to slowly transition to Zoom. Any recordings that are stored in Adobe Connect that you want to keep should be downloaded before May 15, 2020. If you need a new home for these recordings, upload these recordings to Kaltura MediaSpace. Download step-by-step instructions here.