Registration is open for the Spring 2021 Book Group! This is a statewide opportunity to read, discuss, interact, share, and learn with a book on a topic relevant to our work and create action plans to create more equitable learning opportunities for students on our campuses and to eliminate the equity gap by 2030.
All faculty and staff from any Minnesota State college or university are invited to participate. We also encourage campuses to:
- have conversations/meetings on your campus to complement our work together
- use a buddy system to move through any of the book group activities with a colleague
This professional development opportunity has two main parts:
- Three 60-minute virtual Zoom meetings to discuss how the experiences and perspectives in this book relate to our students.
- D2L Brightspace course to explore issues related to the book. The “course” will use short, asynchronous, interactive activities to help us explore how we can better serve our students, connect across the system, and share resources.
Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You: A Remix of the National Book Award-winning Stamped from the Beginning
by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi.
New this year – the first 150 participants to register for this series will receive a free copy of this eBook.
*CLARIFICATION: This text is not the original “Stamped From The Beginning” by Ibram X. Kendi. This is a remix of that text co-authored with Jason Reynolds.
Register for each to receive a calendar appointment with Zoom details.
- February 3, 2021 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am | Register
Covers sections 1 & 2 (pages 1-78)
- March 3, 2021 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am | Register
Covers sections 3 & 4 (pages 83-165)
- April 7, 2021 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am | Register
Covers section 5 (169-243) & Afterword (245-2480 & James Baldwin’s “A Talk to Teachers”)
Contact Catherine Ford.