Spring 2021 Book Group: February
February 3 @ 10:30 AM - 11:30 AMFree
Spring 2021 Book
Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You: A Remix of the National Book Award-winning Stamped from the Beginning
by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi.
New this year – the first 150 participants to register for this series will receive a free copy of this eBook.
*CLARIFICATION: This text is not the original “Stamped From The Beginning” by Ibram X. Kendi. This is a remix of that text co-authored with Jason Reynolds.
All faculty and staff from any Minnesota State college or university are invited to participate. We also encourage campuses to:
- have conversations/meetings on your campus to complement our work together
- use a buddy system to move through any of the book group activities with a colleague
- February 3, 2021 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am | Register Below
- Covers sections 1 & 2 (pages 1-78)
- March 3, 2021 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am | Register
- Covers sections 3 & 4 (pages 83-165)
- April 7, 2021 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am | Register
- Covers section 5 (169-243) & Afterword (245-2480 & James Baldwin’s “A Talk to Teachers”)
To register, use RSVP Tool below. Participants must Register to all 3 events to receive a calendar appointment for each. StarID required so participants can be added to the D2L Brightspace Course.
This professional development opportunity has two main parts:
- Three 60-minute virtual Zoom meetings to discuss how the experiences and perspectives in this book relate to our students.
- D2L Brightspace course to explore issues related to the book. The “course” will use short, asynchronous, interactive activities to help us explore how we can better serve our students, connect across the system, and share resources.
The systemwide book group is an opportunity to learn about a topic that affects our students and create action plans to create more equitable learning opportunities for students on our campuses and to eliminate the equity gap by 2030.
Contact Catherine Ford.