Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Community Details
Minnesota State received funding through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund managed by Minnesota’s Office of Higher Education to support faculty members within disciplines to come together to explore culturally responsive teaching practices.
This opportunity is open to any Minnesota State employee within the participating disciplines, or fields of study, so encourage others who may be interested to register.
Joining a Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Community is a great chance for colleagues to re-engage with others in their discipline or those they met at last year’s Teach Together Minnesota! conference, and to explore evidence-based strategies that could reduce equity gaps that exist within our programs.
Spring 2022 Dates and Disciplines
Spring 2022 Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities will occur January 31 – April 24, 2022. Register by November 30, 2021 to reserve your spot.
Participating spring 2022 disciplines:
- Business, Marketing, and Management
- Theater and Performing Arts
What to Expect
- Receive individual pedagogical support from an equity coach.
- Receive .5 RCE (release credit equivalency) compensation.
- Participate in weekly, one hour virtual check-ins with your colleagues.
- Receive a copy of the e-book Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and the Brain (Hammond, 2015).
- Explore and discuss an array of evidence-based interventions that can be made within a course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Develop an action plan to implement evidence-based interventions in your course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Present accomplishments through a celebration showcase or a panel at the upcoming Teach Together Minnesota! event on May 17, 2022.
Participants will receive financial compensation equal to 0.5 credits of salary and related fringe. Because the learning community only has 30 spots available (first come, first served basis) we encourage you to register by November 30, 2021.
Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities are a component of the Teach Together Minnesota! funding, sponsored in part by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Grant.