February 28, 2022
The Century College Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Multicultural Center are pleased to host Real Conversations about Race: Real Talk-No, we are not ok! in honor of Black History Month on Monday, February 28, 2022.
For this webinar, we have invited African American Mental Health Specialists, to address several challenges related to mental health and wellness, including the:
- Rapidly emerging shift in mental distress through the pandemic in Black youth
- Continued misperceptions about Black communities, culture and identities and factors that contribute to the perpetuation of the problem
- The impact of the pandemic on the physical and mental health of African American youth and young professionals
- Insight and solutions with tips, strategies, and resources to advocate for themselves in improving their overall heart mind and spirit.
The panelists will offer insight into understanding the thoughts, feelings, and experiences of African American youth and young professionals, and how to be present, supportive, and better advocates.
- Dr. Chanee Rudolph, Wilder Foundation
- Mr. Robert O’Connor, Metropolitan State University
- Dr. Asha Dickerson, Adler Graduate School
- Mr. Jon Harper, South Central College
- Dr. Jonathan Locust, Winona State University
Co-Facilitators Vice President Trumanue Lindsey, Minneapolis Community and Technical College and Dr. Jonathan Locust, Winona State University.
This event is open to all.
Hosted by the Century College Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Multicultural Center.
For more information, please contact Michaela Brown.