Fall 2022 Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities
Participating disciplines: Law Enforcement, History, Computer Science/MIS, and Mass Communication.
Minnesota State received funding through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund managed by Minnesota’s Office of Higher Education to support faculty members within disciplines to come together to explore culturally responsive teaching practices.
This opportunity is open to any Minnesota State employee within the participating disciplines, or fields of study, so encourage others who may be interested to register.
Joining a Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Community is a great chance for colleagues to re-engage with others in their discipline or those they met at previous Teach Together Minnesota! conferences, and to explore evidence-based strategies that could reduce equity gaps that exist within our programs.
Fall 2022 Dates and Disciplines
Fall 2022 Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities will occur between September 12, 2022 – December 16, 2022. Register by August 31 to reserve your spot.
Participating Fall 2022 disciplines:
- Law Enforcement
- Computer Science/MIS
- Mass Communication
What to Expect
- Receive individual pedagogical support from an equity coach and instructional designer.
- Receive compensation in the form of release credit equivalency (RCE) of $1750 in combined salary and fringe.
- Participate in up to six (6) bi-weekly virtual check-ins with your colleagues.
- Receive a copy of the e-book Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and the Brain (Hammond, 2015).
- Explore and discuss an array of evidence-based interventions that can be made within a course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Develop an action plan to implement evidence-based interventions in your course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities are a component of the Teach Together Minnesota! funding, sponsored in part by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Grant.