Improving Student Developmental Education Outcomes through Highly Effective Partnerships with Adult Basic Education
February 16, 2023
8:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
with optional lunch and chat session starting at 12:35 p.m.
This virtual symposium is no cost to attend. All sessions will be over Zoom, link provided upon registration.
Announcing the first live, virtual Dev Ed/ABE Partnership Symposium, providing an opportunity for developmental education and adult education practitioners statewide to exchange ideas and learn from one another. Whether you are deeply invested in an existing partnership, or newly inquiring about starting one, the Symposium offers sessions for everyone. You will hear from hard-working college and ABE practitioners about their evidence-based practices leading to improved course pass rates, increased student confidence and persistence, and decreased time to credit-bearing courses.
A sampling of sessions
- Starting and Sustaining a Dev Ed/ABE Partnership
- Partnering for Developmental Ed Reading and Writing
- A College’s Perspective on the Value of an ABE Partnership
- Partnering for Developmental Ed Math Courses
- The Value of a Partnership Navigator
- And hear from Minnesota State Administrators on the Dev Ed redesign efforts underway including investigating the co-req format, and what’s next for Math Pathways
Who is the Symposium For?
This symposium is well suited for ABE instructors, college faculty, counselors, navigators, deans and college administrators, ABE program managers and regional directors, and anyone charged with achieving equity goals, and those measuring Dev Ed student outcomes or responsible for managing Dev Ed programs.
Now more than ever, as Dev Ed is undergoing redesign across the state, this Symposium provides a space to come together to generate ideas for how college and ABE practitioners, going forward, can continue to work together to provide students most in need of academic support, the best learning experience possible.
Contact Lesley Blicker with questions.