February 21, 2023
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
The February Conversations with Colleagues will cover the topic of accessible and inclusive event planning.
Want to transform your meetings and events? Fully inclusive meetings and events consider all people – placing access and inclusion on the forefront of the agenda! Anyone who helps to plan events of any scope will benefit from this conversation.
Join faculty and other colleagues to share practical advice on how to make your workshops, meetings and events more accessible and inclusive. It’s not all about accessible documents – let’s talk about everything from the event announcement to food, venue, scheduling, registration, and more!
- Introduction to topic (5 minutes)
- Participants will reflect on their current practice with planning and hosting meetings and events (10-15 minutes)
- Inclusive best practices will be shared (10 minutes)
- Participants will discuss and share perspectives and ideas about creating more inclusive meetings and events (20-25 minutes)
- Closing – thoughts on equity (5 minutes)
Conversations with Colleagues is a monthly platform for colleagues across Minnesota State to gather remotely to share ideas and bring questions (along with your lunch). These monthly gatherings will provide you opportunity to engage in rich conversation in both small and large groups and networking with colleagues across the state!
We have amazing innovations and work being done across the state and the goal of Conversations with Colleagues is to foster a network of support for faculty and staff across Minnesota State.
Conversations with Colleagues is hosted by faculty and staff from the Minnesota State Faculty Development Committee.
Contact Catherine Ford.