The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Conversations with Colleagues: February
February 21 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PMFree
Topic: Accessible and Inclusive Event Planning
Want to transform your meetings and events? Fully inclusive meetings and events consider all people – placing access and inclusion on the forefront of the agenda! Anyone who helps to plan events of any scope will benefit from this conversation.
Join faculty and other colleagues to share practical advice on how to make your workshops, meetings and events more accessible and inclusive. It’s not all about accessible documents – let’s talk about everything from the event announcement to food, venue, scheduling, registration, and more!
- Introduction to topic (5 minutes)
- Participants will reflect on their current practice with planning and hosting meetings and events (10-15 minutes)
- Inclusive best practices will be shared (10 minutes)
- Participants will discuss and share perspectives and ideas about creating more inclusive meetings and events (20-25 minutes)
- Closing – thoughts on equity (5 minutes)
Use the RSVP tool below to register.
After registering, a calendar invite with details on how to join will be sent to you, please add this event to your calendar.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
Please contact the facilitator Catherine Ford.