CPL Campus Roadshow
at Minnesota State Community and Technical College
September 29, 2023
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Don’t let this opportunity drive past you! Please join C-PLAN (on behalf of Minnesota State Workforce and Economic Development) and Gina Sobania (on behalf of Minnesota State Student Affairs and Enrollment Management) at the second CPL Campus Roadshow. Confirm your interest today.
About the CPL Campus Roadshow
The first roadshow convened on April 7, 2023, at Minnesota State University, Mankato. There were several accomplishments, including staff members being able to talk through process questions and learn what other campuses were doing. Staff further began to visualize additional CPL processes on their campus and identify a couple of easy changes/additions as their next steps. During faculty round-table discussions, 14 external assessment evaluation decisions were documented. As a refresher on CPL Campus Roadshows, please refer to the CPL Campus Roadshow Overview video.
CPL Campus Roadshows Goals
- Bring together campuses to share information on external 3rd party evaluated credit for prior learning crosswalks, pathways, and best and effective practices when working with students in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Expand current crosswalks to include course equivalencies for military courses and occupations, industry certifications, and workforce and community-based training.
- Collaborate across colleges and universities to facilitate transparency, consistency, and ease of transfer of CPL equivalencies.
Who should attend?
- Administrators (department chairs, deans, vice presidents, etc.)
- CPL Champions
- Transfer Specialists
- Workforce development staff
- Faculty (undergraduate and graduate) from these disciplines previously identified:
- Administrative Office Professional, Applied Leadership, Business, Communications, Early Childhood Development, Health Office Administration, Human Resources, Human Services, Leadership, Management, Sociology, Supervision, General Education, Law Enforcement Leadership, Management.
- Faculty and staff who participated in our April 7 CPL Campus Roadshow.
- Any staff who works with any part of the CPL process.
Please confirm your interest for the upcoming roadshow.
Are there any other disciplines or program areas you’d like us to add? Where do faculty see opportunities for facilitating student success through new CPL pathways? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know in the interest form.
This is the general agenda for the day. There may be some changes made during the planning process.
- Introductions and Icebreaker
- Overview – What is CPL?
- Discussion – Faculty Perspectives on CPL
- Knowledge – Crosswalks
- What They Are and How They Work
- Tools for Crosswalks
- ACE (American Council on Education) Credit Recommendations, Guides, and Transcripts
- Certificates to Credits Rubrics
- Afternoon Break
- Faculty Groups – Mapping Crosswalks
- Staff Groups – Discuss CPL workflow, transfer, policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
- Share and Compare Group Discussions and Decisions
- Planning Next Steps
Please contact us with any questions you have or accommodation requests.
Minnesota State Credit for Prior Learning Assessment Network (C-PLAN) offers continuing development on all the things campuses want to know about implementing and sustaining good CPL practice. These events benefit advisors, transfer specialists, student services staff, program directors, faculty, administrators, and others involved in CPL policy and practice on their campuses by encouraging cross-functional and cross-campus discussion.
All C-PLAN professional development events are recorded and hosted on Minnesota State Kaltura MediaSpace. Registrants receive a notification and link to the recording when uploaded.