November 13, 2023
12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
In-Person at Lake Superior College
Reviewers will gain an insider perspective as to how proposals are reviewed that can be applied to their own submission of future proposals or guidance of others. Based on lived experiences and active engagement in equity consciousness work, we also recognize reviewers may be able to contribute additional perspectives and insight to enhance equitable outcomes. In alignment with Minnesota State’s work toward the goals for Equity 2030 & Beyond, participants in this training will:
- Describe what it means to be an equity conscious reviewer and why it is important to have such skill sets.
- Demonstrate the ability to ask critical questions using mindful inquiry related to equity in proposals for system level funding opportunities.
- Identify how inequities are present in language, budgets, and proposed actions in proposals for system level funding opportunities.
- Experience opportunities to practice examining system level funding opportunities with an equity conscious frame.
- Discern how the intended proposal outcomes may exacerbate inequitable outcomes rather than mitigate them, or improve outcomes for historically marginalized groups.
Registration is limited to the first 35 participants. There will be a waiting list for those that would like to participate in future Equity Reviewer Training sessions.
Contact Jonathan Hamilton, Program Director for Collaboration.