The Network for Educational Development is here to help Minnesota State faculty and staff find development opportunities, a repository of development resources, and opportunities for networking and conversations. Learn more on the NED Resource Site.
Anti-Racist Pedagogy: Fall 2021 (3 week short course)
November 1 – November 21, 2021
Course Learning Objectives
Through engaging in the work of the training, faculty will be able to:
- Define Anti-Racist pedagogy, and why is it important? What makes it different from Culturally Responsive Pedagogy?
- Help faculty develop a better understanding of how to apply Anti-Racist pedagogy to their classes, across their
curriculum in their department, across a college, and in advising
- Create effective, campus-specific action plans that employ Anti-Racist strategies and practices
Technical Skill Requirements
- Use a web browser
- Create, save and upload Word documents
- Navigate Microsoft Windows
- Create and send an email using your MinnState account
- Evaluate and decide whether or not to use OneDrive
- Set up, Attend, and Participate in Zoom gatherings
- Perform basic tasks associated with the following D2L Brightspace tools: Content, Quizzes, Surveys, Discussion, and Assignments
Faculty (Full-time and part-time), Instructional Designers and Technologists, and Faculty Developers/Trainers.
*Note that participants must have taken the prerequisite course Equity 101.
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 4-6 hours per week (mileage may vary).
Reflect on your Professional Development
As you progress through this course, please consider how you can use the assignments as a way to highlight your work on your Professional Development Plan. Consider sharing your work with your leadership team.
*30 Participant Limit
Use the RSVP tool below to register. Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close registration the Friday before the course begins.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provide to send a calendar appointment to remind you of the start date of this short course.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite. Using the RSVP tool below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.
Contact Educational Innovations.