The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Anti-Racist Pedagogy: Spring 2022
April 11, 2022Free
Introduction to Antiracist Pedagogy
April 11 – May 1, 2022
Course Learning Objectives
Through engaging in the work of the training, faculty will be able to:
- Define antiracist pedagogy as an individual and community process, and why it is important
- Learn strategies for sustained critical self-reflection as a foundation for antiracism work
- Begin applying antiracist pedagogy to their classes, across their curriculum in their department, and across their college
Technical Skill Requirements
- Use a web browser
- Create, save and upload Word documents
- Navigate Microsoft Windows
- Create and send an email using your Minnesota State account
- Evaluate and decide whether or not to use OneDrive
- Set up, Attend, and Participate in Zoom gatherings
- Perform basic tasks associated with the following D2L Brightspace tools: Content, Quizzes, Surveys, Discussion, and Assignments
Faculty (full-time and part-time) who teach courses.
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 4-6 hours per week (mileage may vary).
Reflect on your Professional Development
As you progress through this course, please consider how you can use the assignments as a way to highlight your work on your Professional Development Plan. Consider sharing your work with your leadership team.
Use the RSVP tool below to register. There is a limit of 30 participants per course.
Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs the Friday prior to the start of this course.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provided to send you reminder emails as the event date gets closer, but we suggest you add this event to your calendar.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite. Using the RSVP tool below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.
Contact Educational Innovations.