The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
Learn more on the NED Resource Site.
- This event has passed.
Applying the QM Rubric (2 week short course)
January 25, 2021Free
January 25 – February 7, 2021
QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning.
In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
Course Learning Objectives
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards
- Apply the concept of alignment
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course
Technical Skill Requirements
- Use a web browser
- Create, save and upload Word documents
- Navigate Microsoft Windows
- Create and send an email using your Minnesota State account
- Evaluate and decide whether or not to use OneDrive
- Perform basic tasks associated with the following D2L Brightspace tools: Content, Quizzes and Assignments
Prior to beginning this course, you should complete the following activities:
- Select an online or hybrid course to apply course content
Faculty (Full-time and part-time), Instructional Designers and Technologists, and Faculty Developers/Trainers.
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 4-6 hours per week.
Reflect on your Professional Development
As you progress through this course, please consider how you can use the assignments as a way to highlight your work on your Professional Development Plan. Consider sharing your work with your leadership team.
*Limit 30 Participants
Use the RSVP tool below to register. Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs one week prior to the start of this course.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provide to send a calendar appointment to remind you of the start date of this short course.
Data Use: Campuses want to know if their faculty are using the educational development resources and opportunities made available from Minnesota State to best tailor their on-campus offerings. We will provide participation information upon campus request. You may opt out of this report by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to use your contact information to send you information about upcoming events on the NED Events Calendar for which you may be interested.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
The course facilitator will contact you with information on accessing the QM course site.