The Network for Educational Development is here to help Minnesota State faculty and staff find development opportunities, a repository of development resources, and opportunities for networking and conversations. Learn more on the NED Resource Site.
- This event has passed.
Assessment Design for Student Motivation: Option 3 (Webinar)
May 25 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AMFree
Boost motivation and academic honesty in your online courses. In this one-hour webinar you will learn three factors that contribute to academic motivation and some immediately applicable strategies to implement these factors in your own online courses.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to…
- List at least two factors that contribute to motivation
- Identify at least two assessment design strategies that support motivation
- Share one way they might implement these factors in their own course(s).
- Motivation Factors: Meaningfulness, Confidence, and Supportive Environment
- Assessment Design: Alignment and Transparency
- Teaching Strategies for Motivation:
- Connections of assessment to benefits in the real world, to student’s goals, to knowledge and skills employers look for, etc…
- Opportunities for practice, feedback, e.g. Retrieval practice
- Supportive and transparent statements, policies, and assessment descriptions
Use the RSVP tool below to register.
After registering, a calendar invite with details on how to join will be sent to you, please add this event to your calendar.
Data Use: Campuses want to know if their faculty are using the educational development resources and opportunities made available from Minnesota State to best tailor their on-campus offerings. We will provide participation information upon campus request. You may opt out of this report by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to use your contact information to send you information about upcoming events on the NED Events Calendar for which you may be interested.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
Please contact the facilitator Elizabeth Harsma.