The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities (Summer 2022 Deadline)
May 13, 2022
Prepare for the fall semester and join a Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Community! It’s a chance to engage with colleagues in your field of study, and to explore evidence-based strategies to reduce equity gaps.
Summer 2022 Dates and Disciplines
Summer 2022 Faculty Learning Communities will occur May 31 – August 21, 2022. Register by May 13, 2022 to reserve your spot.
Participating Summer 2022 disciplines:
- Education (Kick-off date: May 31 at 1:00 p.m.)
- English (Kick-off date: June 2 at 2:00 p.m.)
- Chemistry (Kick-off date: June 1 at 3:00 p.m.)
- Sociology (Kick-off date: June 2 at 10:00 a.m.)
What to Expect
- Receive individual pedagogical support from an equity coach and instructional designer
- Receive .5 RCE (release credit equivalency) compensation.
- Participate in five (5) virtual check-ins every other week with your colleagues.
- Receive a copy of the e-book Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and the Brain (Hammond, 2015).
- Explore and discuss an array of evidence-based interventions that can be made within a course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Develop an action plan to implement evidence-based interventions in your course to support culturally responsive pedagogy.
Discipline-Specific Faculty Learning Communities are a component of the Teach Together Minnesota! funding, sponsored in part by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education through the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Grant.