The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Equity Reviewer Training for Funding Opportunities
November 13 @ 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
In-Person at Lake Superior College
Reviewers will gain an insider perspective as to how proposals are reviewed that can be applied to their own future proposals or guidance of others. Based on lived experiences and active engagement in equity consciousness work, we also recognize reviewers may be able to contribute additional perspectives and insight to enhance equitable outcomes.
The purpose of this training will be to:
- Describe what it means to be an equity conscious reviewer and why it is important to have such skill sets.
- Demonstrate the ability to ask critical questions using mindful inquiry related to equity in proposals for system level funding opportunities.
- Identify how inequities are present in language, budgets, and proposed actions in proposals for system level funding opportunities.
- Experience opportunities to practice examining system level funding opportunities with an equity conscious frame.
- Discern how the intended proposal outcomes may exacerbate inequitable outcomes rather than mitigate them, or improve outcomes for historically marginalized groups.
Additional day-of details and a participant questionnaire will be sent to your email once registration has closed.
Registration is limited and due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 3, 2023.
Contact Jonathan Hamilton, Program Director for Collaboration.