The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Foundations of Teaching Online: Summer 2021 (long course)
June 7, 2021Free
June 7 – August 8, 2021
(Break 7/3 – 7/11)
Course Learning Objectives
- Construct a course schedule, template, or outline that includes at least one learning objective for each module for your course.
- Create an alignment map with your learning objective(s), assessment tool, learning activities, and materials.
- Develop one assessment tool that will measure or evaluate your intended learning outcome(s).
- Develop plans for your course that includes one instructional strategy for each of three elements of the community of inquiry framework (social presence, teaching presence, and cognitive presence).
- Identify elements that improve the accessibility of course materials including documents, webpages, and media.
Use the RSVP tool below to register. Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs the Thursday prior to the start of this course. There is a limit of 30 participants per course.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provide to send a calendar appointment to remind you of the start date of this short course.
Data Use: Campuses want to know if their faculty are using the educational development resources and opportunities made available from Minnesota State to best tailor their on-campus offerings. We will provide participation information upon campus request. You may opt out of this report by contacting email@example.com. We plan to use your contact information to send you information about upcoming events on the NED Events Calendar for which you may be interested.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite. Using the RSVP tool below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.