The Network for Educational Development is here to help Minnesota State faculty and staff find development opportunities, a repository of development resources, and opportunities for networking and conversations. Learn more on the NED Resource Site.
- This event has passed.
Improving Student-to-Content Interaction (3 week short course)
July 6, 2020Free
Aligning Effective Instructional Strategies with Academic Technologies: Improving the Student-to-Content Interaction using D2L Brightspace Tools
July 6 – July 26
The Quality Improvement Process site provides examples of ways to support student-to-content interaction in courses:
- Fixing courseware glitches, such as broken links, typos, and mistakes, as needed.
- Monitoring learning outcomes based on student interaction with content.
- Improving content as needed to facilitate learner outcomes.
By the end of this three week course you will be able to using D2L Brightspace tools to manage your D2L course efficiently and effectively. You will be provided with key workflows that you need to use the Content tool, HTML editor, and Release Conditions to streamline the process, and strategies for organizing your course materials.
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Use D2L Brightspace tools (e.g. Content, HTML Editor, and Release Conditions) efficently in order to apply effective course design for student learning.
- Apply D2L Brightspace tools to organize a logical path for students to take within your course. Select and implement one of the D2L Brightspace tools in your course.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Use a web browser
- Create, save and upload Word documents
- Navigate Microsoft Windows
- Create and send an email using your Minnesota State account
- Evaluate and decide whether or not to use OneDrive
- Perform basic tasks associated with the following D2L Brightspace tools: Content, Quizzes and Assignments
Participants should have access to their own D2L Brightspace course (sandbox or development are acceptable) to practice using the available communication tools.
- Contact your campus D2L/IT Helpdesk to create a D2L Brightspace “Sample/Sandbox” Course if you do not have one.
Faculty (Full-time and part-time), Instructional Designers and Technologists, and Faculty Developers/Trainers
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 4-6 hours per week.
Reflect on your Professional Development
As you progress through this course, please consider how you can use the assignments as a way to highlight your work on your Professional Development Plan. Consider sharing your work with your leadership team.
Use the RSVP tool below to register. There is a limit of 30 participants per course.
Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs one week prior to the start of this course.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provided to send you reminder emails as the event date gets closer, but we suggest you add this event to your calendar.
Data Use: Campuses want to know if their faculty are using the educational development resources and opportunities made available from Minnesota State to best tailor their on-campus offerings. We will provide participation information upon campus request. You may opt out of this report by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to use your contact information to send you information about upcoming events on the NED Events Calendar for which you may be interested.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite. Using the RSVP tool below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.