The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Improving Student-to-Content Interaction – Option 2 (3 week short course)
November 2, 2020Free
November 2 – November 22
By the end of this three week short course, you will be able to use D2L Brightspace tools (including Content, HTML Editor, and Release Conditions) to improve the student-to-content interaction. You will be provided with efficient ways to create and add existing content materials in the Content tool, tips and tricks to using HTML Editor, and strategies for utilizing conditional release with Release Conditions. You will be provided with practical strategies to apply effective course design to engage students with online course content.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Understand and differentiate online course tools and features (Content, HTML Editor, and Release Conditions) that may be utilized for course content design.
- Understand best practices using online course tools and features to improve student-to-content interaction.
- Analyze and apply practical strategies for real-world scenarios to design content learning paths for students.
- Evaluate and reflect how these strategies may improve student learning and content interaction in online courses.
Introduction Video from the Instructor
Technical Skill Requirements
- Use a web browser
- Create, save and upload Word documents
- Navigate Microsoft Windows
- Create and send an email using your Minnesota State account
- Evaluate and decide whether or not to use OneDrive
- Perform basic tasks associated with the following D2L Brightspace tools: Content, Quizzes and Assignments
Participants should have access to their own D2L Brightspace course (sandbox or development are acceptable) to practice using the available communication tools.
- Contact your campus D2L/IT Helpdesk to create a D2L Brightspace “Sample/Sandbox” Course if you do not have one.
Faculty (Full-time and part-time), Instructional Designers and Technologists, and Faculty Developers/Trainers
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 4-6 hours per week.
Reflect on your Professional Development
As you progress through this course, please consider how you can use the assignments as a way to highlight your work on your Professional Development Plan. Consider sharing your work with your leadership team.
Use the RSVP tool below to register. There is a limit of 30 participants per course.
Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs one week prior to the start of this course.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provided to send you reminder emails as the event date gets closer, but we suggest you add this event to your calendar.
Data Use: Campuses want to know if their faculty are using the educational development resources and opportunities made available from Minnesota State to best tailor their on-campus offerings. We will provide participation information upon campus request. You may opt out of this report by contacting email@example.com. We plan to use your contact information to send you information about upcoming events on the NED Events Calendar for which you may be interested.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite. Using the RSVP tool below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.