The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
Aligning Instructional Strategies with Kaltura MediaSpace: Spring 2022
January 24, 2022Free
January 24 – February 13, 2022
You may have used Kaltura MediaSpace as the quickest way to record your screen for a lecture, or as a place to store your recordings. Now is the time to reflect and identify the instructional objective first and consider the best tool for the job. By the end of this three-week course you will be able to identify and apply instructional strategies that utilize Kaltura MediaSpace tools to enhance your course and student learning. You will be provided with Kaltura MediaSpace tools and corresponding effective practice instructional strategies – when and why you might select these practices.
Course Learning Objectives
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and align at least one instructional strategy with one of the tools (including recording lectures, playlists, video quizzing, etc.) within Kaltura MediaSpace as part of your course
- Use a webcam or mobile device to record a video that demonstrates the use of teacher presence
- Use a webcam or mobile device to record a video that applies each of the five video production principles
- Use Kaltura to create captions that have an accuracy of at least 99%
- Share a video from Kaltura MediaSpace in an D2L Brightspace course
Technical Skill Requirements
- Use a web browser
- Create, save and upload Word documents
- Navigate Microsoft Windows
- Create and send an email using your Minnesota State account
- Evaluate and decide whether or not to use OneDrive
- Perform basic tasks associated with the following D2L Brightspace tools: Content, Quizzes and Assignments
Prior to the course, login into Kaltura MediaSpace
Faculty (Full-time and part-time), Instructional Designers and Technologists, and Faculty Developers/Trainers.
Estimated Time Commitment
Most participants are able to complete this course by committing 4-6 hours per week.
Reflect on your Professional Development
As you progress through this course, please consider how you can use the assignments as a way to highlight your work on your Professional Development Plan. Consider sharing your work with your leadership team.
Use the RSVP tool below to register. There is a limit of 30 participants per course.
Because we need time to enroll participants into the corresponding D2L Brightspace Course site, we will close RSVPs the Friday prior to the start of this course.
Reminders Coming: We use the email address you provided to send you reminder emails as the event date gets closer, but we suggest you add this event to your calendar.
Accommodations: If you require accommodations (live captioning, etc.) to participate in this event, please send an email to the person at the bottom of this page.
This course is hosted and facilitated using shared D2L Brightspace instance of Minnesota State called, MnSite. Using the RSVP tool below allows us to send you reminders about this course and share important information following the course including how to access the corresponding D2L Brightspace course site.
Contact Educational Innovations.