The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
- This event has passed.
OER Learning Circle Applications Due – Spring 2022
January 21, 2022
OER Learning Circles Spring 2022
February 21 – May 1, 2022
Collaborate with other Minnesota State faculty from across the system who are committed to saving students on the cost of textbooks and course resources. There are 3 options to choose from when participating in an OER Learning Circle:
- Redesign a course around OER.
- Create ancillary materials to complement an existing OER.
- Author a primary course resource.
In addition to virtual weekly meetings, OER Learning Circles will utilize a D2L Brightspace course to support faculty and will take place over a ten-week period. The equivalent of .5 RCE (reasonable credit equivalent) is available to participating faculty.
- Submit application by January 21, 2022.
- Notification of acceptance or denial of applications by January 28, 2022.
- Orientation week to get acquainted with your cohort is February 14 – 18, 2022.
- OER Learning Circles will run February 21 – May 1, 2022.
- Present your OER Learning Circle project at one of the four virtual OER Project Showcase Events scheduled in April 2022.
- Project completed by May 1, 2022.
Become an OER Learning Circle Leader
For Minnesota State faculty who have already completed an OER Learning Circle cohort, consider becoming an OER Learning Circle Leader to:
- gain experience facilitating cross-disciplinary OER Learning Circles
- create a plan for the design, delivery, and evaluation of a campus-based OER Learning Circle, and
- identify, modify, and/or create a D2L support course room and other materials to be used for facilitating OER Learning Circles on your own campus.
For questions about OER Learning Circles and OER Faculty Development, please contact Karen Pikula, OER Faculty Development Coordinator.