The NED was established to provide educational development opportunities that are designed by Minnesota State faculty and staff for Minnesota State faculty and staff. These opportunities help build awareness, develop knowledge, skills, and abilities, and provide space for reflecting and revising.
Learn more on the NED Resource Site.
OER Learning Circle Applications Due – Summer 2023
April 14, 2023
OER Learning Circles Summer 2023
May 8 – June 18*
*Summer OER Learning Circle cohorts are accelerated, taking place over 5 weeks instead of 10.
Collaborate with other Minnesota State faculty from across the system who are committed to saving students on the cost of textbooks and course resources. There are 3 options to choose from when participating in an OER Learning Circle:
- Redesign a course around OER.
- Create ancillary materials to complement an existing OER.
- Author a primary course resource.
In addition to virtual weekly meetings, OER Learning Circles will utilize a D2L Brightspace course to support faculty and will take place over a five-week period. Participants receive compensation in the form of release credit equivalency (RCE) of $1750 in combined salary and fringe.
- Submit application by April 14, 2023.
- Notification of acceptance or denial of applications by April 21, 2023.
- Orientation week to get acquainted with your cohort is May 8-12, 2023.
- OER Learning Circles will run May 8 – June 18, 2023.
- Present your OER Learning Circle project at one of the four virtual OER Project Showcase Events scheduled in Spring 2023.
- Project completed by June 18, 2023.
Apply for OER Learning Circles
- Download and review the OER Learning Circle Application (PDF).
- Applicant and applicant’s SAO must sign Part B.
- Complete the Online Application Form (Link) and upload Part B.
Apply for the OER Learning Circle Leader Cohort
For Minnesota State faculty who have already completed an OER Learning Circle cohort, consider becoming an OER Learning Circle Leader to:
- gain experience facilitating cross-disciplinary OER Learning Circles
- create a plan for the design, delivery, and evaluation of a campus-based OER Learning Circle, and
- identify, modify, and/or create a D2L support course room and other materials to be used for facilitating OER Learning Circles on your own campus.