2021 Shark Tank Open
April 8, 2021 | 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
The Shark Tank Open is Minnesota State Educational Innovation’s premier innovation event, drawing educators from across 37 colleges and universities for one grand afternoon of reimagining education!
Faculty and staff innovators from across the state will go before expert panels (the sharks), providing spirited pitches in an effort to receive up to $25,000 in innovation funding.
This year the entire Shark Tank Open event will be held virtually via Zoom and will feature:
- Recognition for newly awarded innovation projects – Help celebrate your colleague’s achievements as new innovative projects get underway.
- Live pitches to expert panels (the sharks) – Faculty and staff innovators from across the system will give spirited pitches in an effort to receive up to $25,000 in innovation funding.
- Announcement of New Innovation Opportunities – Learn more about the upcoming Pay It Forward Funding round and brand new opportunities to engage in innovative projects in the system.
The Innovation Expo
March 2 – April 7, 2021
In years past, the Shark Tank Open featured an Innovation Expo with rooms dedicated to exhibitors who previously received innovation funding.
The 2021 Innovation Expo presentations will be held throughout the month leading up to the 2021 Shark Tank Open (March 2 – April 7, 2021). Review the list of 22 Innovation Expo presentations and register for one or more to learn about innovations occurring across the system.
April 9, 2021
Interested in getting hands-on with an innovation? Attend a workshop the day following the 2021 Shark Tank Open, April 9 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. There will be workshops available covering the following topics:
- Virtual Reality Workshop
- Digital Badging Workshop
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy Workshop
- The Power of an Innovative Mindset
Minnesota State faculty and staff will have a chance to apply for up to $10,000 in Pay It Forward Funding, which is used to replicate an innovation project on another campus. The application will be available on April 9, 2021 via the ASA Newsletter.